The 3D Scene is shaking on iPad mini 4

Hi, there :
We have several iOS devices which includes : iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPad mini 4.
And we pack the demo project 「Sun Temple」for testing. But we’ve found that there is continuous abnormal shaking in 3D Scene only on iPad mini 4. So we report this issue for you, hope this is helpful for you.
Below is our iPad mini 4’s info:

Best regards.

p.s. We discovered this issue first on our project, then we test this issue by your official demo project「Sun Temple」. So, if you’ve found the solution, please tell us how to fix it, thanks.

What do you mean it’s shaking? Can you describe this a bit further for me? Provide some logs from your iOS device as well, when you’re running the project and it’s shaking. Did you add any shake into your camera?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Nope, what I do is only to create the native official project 「Sun Temple」and pack it. I’ll record the screen for you few days later.

Please upload a video when you’re able to. I have tested this on an as well as an iPad Air. I did not see any shaking with Sun Temple.

Thanks!

Hi, here it is :
[ScreenRecordOniPadmini4][1]

Hope it’s useful for you.

- YouTube

Did you create a copy of the SunTemple project from 4.10 or did you grab the 4.11 version that’s inside of the Epic Games Launcher?

I pushed SunTemple to an iPad Mini 4 (same exact OS version) and I did not notice any shaking in the screen, that includes while I was walking and/or standing still.

I’m not sure if logs will make a difference however, it’s worth a shot:

Windows:

• Open iPhonePackager (Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS)
  • Select a uproject file (Optional)
  • Select the Advance Tools tab
  • Select Other Deployment Tools…
  • Select Backup Documents…
  • Select the IPA for the game you wish to get a log for
  • The documents directory data will then be copied to Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS/IOS_Backups or GameDir/IOS_Backups if a uproject was selected
  • The log can then be found at IOS_Backups/Game/Saved/Logs

Mac:

• Open Xcode (Install Xcode if you have not already)
  • Open Window|Devices
  • Select the device you want to get the log off of
  • Select the app you want to get the log from
  • Select the gear icon under the app list
  • Select Download Container
  • Select a location for the container file
  • Navigate to the file via Finder
  • Right click and select Show Package Contents
  • Navigate to the location of the log (AppData/Documents/Game/Saved/Logs/)

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your assistant. Here is the log file.
[SunTempleLog][1]

92940-suntemple.log (12 KB)

After looking through your logs, I see that the device profile being used is for an iPad Mini 5, which isn’t released yet.

• Did you create this device profile yourself?
  • Can you upload a copy of your iPad Mini 5 profile for us to look at?
  • Go ahead and try to push a project out on a different device profile and let me know what happens.

Thanks!

Hi, Here is FYI.

[Nope, I use the DefaultDeviceProfiles][1]

[SunTempleLog on My iPadMini2][3]

Reviewing the new logs provided, I can see that your default device profile is now selecting instead of IPad Mini 5. When you pushed Sun Temple to your device, did it still shake?

• Does any other project shake like Sun Temple does?
  • Have you tested this with Binary 4.12.0?
  • What device were you using when the logs said ‘IPadMini5’?

Hi, I think I’ve found the reason of the issue :

There is a wrong iOS device name’s mapping in IOSPlatformMisc.h
And I’ve check the release branch on the GitHub, the mapping is still not be corrected.
Hope useful for you.

Best Regards.

I have spoken with one of our developers and he’s working on correcting the iOS device names in the iOSPlatformMisc.h folder. However, we do not believe that this would cause the shaking that you’ve encountered.

Thanks!

Hey,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!