Thanks for the BP->C++ Converter, it's awesome!

I can’t find any code in the <Project Path>\Intermediate\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\ that was mentioned, and I don’t see much reason to spend time on searching for where the code is since its not supposed to be ever looked at. You don’t need that code :wink:

@kaziu

If you are responsible for this and it does not blow my project up when i use it for the first time, i am buying dinner,supper and all the drinks you can possibly have!

Whooohoooo!!

I tried getting this to work, but the packaging fails on every 4.11 project, even just the templates.

Do you have VS2015 installed?

Wow! That’s just Epic.

Send positive energy to dev team to help finishing this converter

I have Visual Studio Community 2015 installed. I have only installed it though, I haven’t touched it for anything else.

I will be posting soon about the BP 2 C++ converter. I will post everything i did.

Edit here we go.

Picture album of the converted blueprint and screenshots of what the blueprint does.

&stc=1

Just noticed that data tables don’t seem to work at all when using the BP->C++ converter, that’s actually quite annoying. Not even in master branch.

Looks like a quick automatic syntax formatting and find and replace would make it “far” more readable.

It being readable isn’t the point though.

Yeah, honestly, its not as bad as one might think, i’ve seen worse written by people. but really i think, correct me if i am wrong, but the point of this is to have a “quickfix” if something is really slow in bp, right? not to have a bp to c++ tool to convert into human like code.

what i do not understand, if we convert a bp to c++ we get semi-non-readable c++ code, that’s fine, but after it converts it to c++ does it use this c++ instead of the bp implementation? and if it does use the c++ code instead, why can you not make a bp based on said converted c++ class. (just curious. i assume its due to the state machine nature of bp)

I would probably use this to quickly get some C++ code of some of my BP’s to clean up.
I think it would be quicker to use it as a initial conversion tool to save you time looking up the BP->C++ function mapping.

I would think that it uses the C++ version instead, But it could be some kind of hybrid solution.

Can this be used in the editor? More performance in the packaged game is great, but more performance in the editor opens new design possibilities. For example I have made custom A* pathfinding in blueprints and while bearable its not as fast as I would want it to be. Maybe I can take those generated c++ classes and add them in my project as a c++ actor?

No. The whole purpose of this is so that your blueprints act faster in game. It’s not there to write what you suppose to as C++.

Think there will still be a place for native C++ code for readability. Blueprints can get messy…

teak

C++ will never be replaced or forgotten because there is a converter now. Many people still prefers only C++ solutions. And some stuff just cant be exposed visually, and probably shouldn’t. Just my opinion.

Agreed! That project of your’s is neat… Need to check it out more! Just saw your opening screenshots! Marketplace or release to the community?

teak

That’s not a practical test of the system since you shouldn’t do that in C++ either. My job often involves me taking a look at people’s projects for optimization help and the very first item I check is how many ticking actors they have.

Wow this is awesome!!

So, how does it work? Do we just check the option in the project settings and upon deployment UE4 will do what’s needed to be done or do we have to go out of out way and compile converted BPs manually using VS2015 ?

Btw, is VS2013 supported ?