Thank you community,I just released my first game!

Thanks you gouys from Unreal community! I just released My first game and I’m happy! I would like to thank you all because during the development I needed your help and there was a lot of people here helping me! This is my fisrt project yet, but I will not finish my work! I will release updates and new functions from time to time.
If you want to see my project, it is here.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EderOliveira.Sandbox_Blox
Please, share and if possible, tell me what can I do to turn the experience better for the players.
Thanks again guys, you rocks!

Looks simple and a great idea, especially for the younger PC users. What gamer never played Lego as a kid? I suppose you could elaborate on the idea by adding timers and tasks etc. if you wanted to keep going but I think it’s fine as it is from first glance. Congrats on the game! Hope this gets some of the limelight such an idea deserves.

Oh, I see why you needed to stack boxes with a line trace now :smiley:

It’s too close to lego i think, I would be wary of a C&D from Lego themselves when building something like that. I would have at least made it look slightly different than lego.

I would be scared too, because they are very actice in dev on games.
Difference = making the connectors cube/boxform, not cylindrycal, would be that enough?

Congratz mate, certainly looks like a good idea and well done for finishing :slight_smile:

I think it’s pretty safe to keep it that way. They would not win in court, but may try bullying small developers regardless. Here’s a segment from Wikipedia about a company who does actual real life “clones” of lego bricks.

*The Lego Group has filed lawsuits against Mega Bloks, Inc. in courts around the world on the grounds that Mega Bloks’ use of the “studs and tubes” interlocking brick system is a violation of trademarks held by Lego. Generally such lawsuits have been unsuccessful, chiefly because the functional design of the basic brick is considered a matter of patent rather than trademark law, and all relevant Lego patents have expired. In one of the most recent decisions, on November 17, 2005, the Supreme Court of Canada upheld Mega Bloks’ right to continue selling the product in Canada.[5] A similar decision was reached by the European Union’s Court of First Instance on November 12, 2008 when it upheld an EU trademark agency decision following an objection by Mega Bloks against a trademark awarded to Lego in 1999.[6]

On September 14, 2010, the European Court of Justice ruled that the 8-peg design of the original Lego brick “merely performs a technical function [and] cannot be registered as a trademark”.*

Or this article on cnn about the same stuff: LEGO brick not a trademark, court rules - CNN.com