Texture2D variable will not save.

I have a functioning profile system that saves all information EXCEPT the profile picture. The profile picture is imported by the player through an “Import File as Texture 2D” and saved. I have tried using a “Download Image” node but I have the same problem with more variables to worry about. Through some troubleshooting, I have found that it fails to save. Why is it failing to save?

It seems like it is saving it as a transient variable, but I haven’t told it to be a transient variable.

I have no idea how to fix this and have been troubleshooting for hours. If you have any ideas or just so happen to know how to fix this, please let me know. All input is greatly appreciated.

Not sure. Have you tried ticking the SaveGame checkbox?
If that doesn’t work, try exporting the texture file (if it’s not already an asset in your packaged game) and instead of saving the image to the savegame file, just save the path to the exported file as a string.

I have tried all of that and sadly, the last one is not possible. I will most likely need to use c++ to achieve what I was trying to achieve. Exporting the file path as a string won’t work because I am trying to transfer this texture2D file across an online session, so sending the file path to someone else’s pc isn’t going to send the texture file. Thank you for your input though!

So did you solve the problem? If so, how?

Unfortunately I was never able to solve this issue and eventually abandoned this part of that project. The only reason that I could think of was that it was not creating an image duplicate making it impossible to save the texture. I still have no idea how to make this happen.