Texture Streaming Bandwidth

Hey all,

I’ve been experimenting a lot with UE5 this month-- wondering if anyone else is struggling with the Texture Streaming pool? I’ve never had so many issues with going over the pool size, even on scenes that run completely fine in UE4 at over 100fps. It feels like there is a much more intense ceiling with this engine-- even running on a 3080 Ti. The problem is particularly bad after a Movie Render Queue render-- have to close out and restart to clear things out again.

Has anyone struggled with this at all? Curious if I’m just missing something here.

Thanks!
ian

The default pool in UE4 is tiny – you will generally want to make it much bigger if you target modern hardware.
I don’t know what the defaults are in UE5, but if it’s the same as UE4, then definitely consider significantly bumping it!

Oh I was under the impression the pool size adjusted automatically based on the hardware? It seems that in GPU-Z the card is using almost all of the available VRAM either way. Which just seems odd to me considering how simple some of these scenes are (as well as using virtual texture streaming wherever possible).

Maybe I’m still hitting some kind of issue with the the pool size default, though…