Texture not mapped properly

Please help me. I’m about to bash my head against the wall.

I made an asset using quixel mixer and everything seems fine except for this roof texture. I’m using udims. And all other udim slots are displaying fine except for this roof. When i put the texture in a material (just texture plug in to base color) it shows distorted on all the roof part (meaning all 1009 slot) all the others slots display fine. When i try to check in uv editor and display the texture as background. THE ROOF DISPLAYS FINE. what should i do please somebody help me.

ok my bad. I checked and apparently i accidentally reset the normals of the low poly model AFTER baking

ok nope this didnt work. it worked because i tested it by putting the uv’s of the 1009 to 1001. I found this and it solved it [SOLVED] UVs from imported mesh slightly distorted causing texture misalignment - General / Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

not at first because nothing happened when i click the check box. turns out there’s an apply button at the bottom of that section. so don’t just search “uv” in the search box cos the apply button wont show.

tick full precision uvs and click apply

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.