Texture Ghosting

its good to see your results getting better.

… but that rolling shutter… i would never have thought that would show up on still images like that.

chris wrote:

its good to see your results getting better.

… but that rolling shutter… i would never have thought that would show up on still images like that.

strange - I agree… I’ve never seen that in a still image. I think, too, the 42mp image size makes it even harder to get extremely crisp hand-held image. I’ve been experimenting with a new A7rii for the past few days and once I got the hang of ISO-shutter speed balance, you can get superb results… but if you have blurry photos to begin with, of course the model won’t turn out well.

Hi where.
Unfortunately i can`t upload full set now.
But found old set from Nikon… and again… Nikon with same way of shutting did a much better scan and clean texture without ghosting.
So, after more then 10 tests i can say - ALL scans created with Sony A7RII makes dirty scan and ghosted texture ((((
Sony params: 1/160 fixed! F/4 fixed! focal - 37 Fixed! ISO-200 - Ditry, bad aligns (Crack between start and end point of model.)
Very carefully holded still in hands every shot!

Nikon D5200 - All scan clean and detailed, Texures Clean and detailed to.
Nikon parameters : 1/100 F/3-5(not fixed) focal distance - 22-35 Not fixed(!!!) ISO-100 - AND CLEAN Scans!
Shots without any mind - from one hand.

Sooo… I will go and sell my super expensive Sony Alfa. :frowning:

Hi Yegor

Interesting experience… So shooting “from hand” is no way for the camera then ??

The A7R I. was hard to work with and I can say from my experience that you can get it even “from hands” but it was really tricky…
Check if the camera is working properly… Because it is a bit weird that you get so bad results even with so long shooting times…