Texture appears aliased / lo-res

I am having an issue with a texture I have brought into my scene. Full disclosure, I am new to UE (though not to 3D content creation) and this is my first project.

The texture is a 2048 by 2048 tiff file.

I have attached to screenshots. The first shows the issue with the texture as it appears in the scene, and the second shows the settings for the texture itself. I tried different MipMap settings without any change to the appearance of the texture.

Any thoughts?

Ok - never mind the screenshots, the forum won’t let me upload them. I’ve had no issue with these same images on another forum and I don’t have the time at the moment to figure out the idiosyncrasies of this place right now - but if anyone else has had a texture issue like this, perhaps you have an idea what might be the deal.

Thanks

Hey Strangermode!

Without a screenshot it’s difficult to ascertain, but it sounds like you may be running out of memory in your scene? Do you see any messages in the editor/pie citing texture streaming memory issues?

.tiff is something i would avoid. .psd, .png, and .tga provide the best results.