Textel Density for 2048 texture (for 3rd person game)

Hello everybody! Help me figure out Texel Density for my 3rd person models. I was creating simple modular objects, I would like to have a texture size of 2048, the size of a normal wall of 3x3 meters. I know that for 3rd person games, Texel Density should be 512 px/m. But I don’t understand why this density covers the entire size of the texture

Texel density is varied between studios and the resolution you want to go for. There is actually no correct set standard for it. Whatever looks good for you is what you should be aiming for. When you modify the Image values of the UV maps the entire view is scaled. You will have to downscale the assets manually for them to fit the designated resolution.

1 Like

I would suggest consistent texel-density is more important, at whatever decide looks good for your project.

Yes, I agree with @Frenetic on this. Basically large meshes should use larger textures, smaller should use a lower resolution. It was a complete nightmare when I first got into this, but once you get the hang of it, it proceeds rather smoothly.

The size of the wall should be 4x4 m, not 3x3 m. 2048 texture contains 4 pieces of 512 texture. 2048 texture occupies 16m2 at 512 T/D setting. (4x4m)