Text in my widget fades in and out instead of changing instantly

Hello!

I have this console in my game, that is basically a laptop mesh with a widget glued to the front.
When I change text in the widget, I get this fade in/out effect that is really ugly. I want things to change instantly.
I can’t figure out what is causing it.

If you look in the attached video at the “status” line, where it says “waiting for input”, when it receives input it changes to “please wait”, there you can see the effect I’m talking about really clearly.

The thing is, I’m not doing anything special.
In the blueprint all I’m doing is grabbing that text box and changing the text.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 192312

I thought maybe it had something to do with the lighting of the environment, but changing the lighting, even removing lumen, doesn’t seem to do anything.

I have no idea where that fading effect is coming from or how to fix it.

Appreciate any help or advice you can give me!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @razkoller

can you try this again after disabling MotionBlur and changing anti-aliasing to MSAA or FXAA

1 Like

The fade-in/fade-out effect when changing text in your widget could be due to the “Transition” setting in the Text widget’s details panel. Make sure the “Transition” is set to “Instant” to make text changes appear instantly without any fading effect.

The anti-aliasing was the issue! Changing it to MSAA in the project’s settings fixed it!
Thanks!

1 Like

The fade-in/fade-out effect when changing text in your widget could be due to the “Transition” setting in the Text widget’s details panel. Make sure the “Transition” is set to “Instant” to make text changes appear instantly without any fading effect.

Thanks for your reply. However, there doesn’t seem to be a “transition” setting in the details panel. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.