Text box

Hello, I want to make a text box in which the player can write 1 word. I’ve been looking everywhere, but can’t seem to find anything like that. If you know or have seen page/video on how to do it, would be great.
Thank you for your help.

Bump, please

You can create an UMG with a “Tex Box” widget inside it: Widget Type Reference | Unreal Engine Documentation

SET Input Mode must be:

I need help setting up the blueprint behind that widget. I know how widgets work, should’ve made that clear :slight_smile:

Bump again!

Hey ShadowTony. Sadly I need to tell you, that bumping a thread is only allowed after a delay of 4 days.
Otherwise you make it harder for other users to get their questions answered.

Sorry about that, didn’t know! Will be careful in the future :slight_smile:

Need to know what the text box’s purpose is so we can better understand what you’re trying to achieve

The narrator says : “Write a name for your character” and the box shows up. What you write inside doesn’t matter, as the name is always the same, kind of a troll thing.

1. Create a Use Interface -> Widget Blueprint (also known as UMG)

1. Add a text box to the center of the layout; set the “center flower” to be in the center of the box for proper screen-relative positioning

1. When the time comes, use the “Create Widget” blueprint node to create one, and “Attach to Viewport” node to actually show it

Thank you a lot, sorry for the stupid question, should of knew that…