Download

Text block and text var and line breaks (no shift+enter)

Hi,

I am trying to convert a string into text for use binding to a text block text field, I would like the ability to have multiple lines (Not word wrap)

exmaple string.
blah blah title

• Item one
  • Item two

blah blah blah title

• another item one
  • another item two

example text block.
blah blah title

• Item one
  • Item two

blah blah blah title

• another item one
  • another item two

Before anyone replys No Shift+Enter is not the solution and no adding
\r, <br> etc where i want the breaks to the string dont work either. I need to be able to put this all into a string then convert to a text var and return it to the text block.

I have searched web and tried various methods at achieving this with no success.

At this point I think its a limitation of the unreal engine, but I know the MOTD in ark appears to accomplish what I want to happen as you can add
to the input to get a break, though I’m not sure this is a text block.

Does anyone have a known working method to doing this? a picture of the graph would be most helpful in replicating it if you do have a way.

I hope this all makes sense.

Enter key

I have tried this too the only way I have been able to make it work is to use string variable … set it to enter by using ctrl or shift enter don’t remember now and THEN using append string with the variable that has the enter key saved appeneded to the old which sux cause if you want to do multiple lines it looks like

string —> append
enter —>

string —> append

enter → append

can’t do images I’m at work but basically you have an append node with the string + enter(string) then that goes to the top of next append where you attach the next string then that goes out to the next append which has the “enter key - string” again

I dont seem to be able to append enter? tried lots of key combos but nothing happens am I doing something wrong?