Tesla Motors looking for a skilled programmer to create visualization tools

Description

About Tesla

Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.

Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.

The Role

The 3D Visualization Developer is responsible of authoring tools for the creation of computer generated imagery. Primary tasks will involve programming proprietary software to improve workflow, but will also be called upon for other visualization tasks based on the skillset. This position also involves R&D in the virtual reality field.

The ability to interact well and fit into a small, highly motivated, multi-functional team that is working in a rapid, simultaneous engineering environment is essential. The role offers the rare opportunity to take ownership in the development of new and genuinely cutting edge vehicles, so enthusiasm and knowledge of cars is advantageous. You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world.

You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products – not presentations. This must excite you. You’ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned Designers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.

Responsibilities

The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:

• Developing plugins / scripts to increase software automation.
  • Improving data management by creating pipeline tools.
  • Game engine customization
  • R&D in VR to connect current applications to the latest hardware.
  • Troubleshooting.

Requirements

• Expert knowledge of Python, HTML5, C# or C++
  • Bachelor degree in computer science or similar.
  • Two years minimum experience as a developer.
  • Familiarity with VRED / Maya / Unreal Engine a plus.
  • Receptive to learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
  • Accustomed to going above and beyond.
  • Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, organized and mindful of time management.

Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.

Please apply on our website:

Hey! This is a really great opportunity, thanks for coming to our forums.

I love the work Tesla does, and would be interested in the position if I had the programming skills, which I do not (but hey, there is always google?). I do have a handle on troubleshooting (I’m an IT field tech after all), I’m familiar with Maya, although I am more comfortable with 3dsMax, and I am kind of OCD about details and organization, heh. Oh… and I use UE4 for level design, and have a firm grip on VR and the challenges that it involves.

Awesome opportunity for someone out there! Love Tesla.

Great to see Tesla here. All the best to anyone who is applying.

Love Tesla and I fit the prerequisites. Unfortunately, I couldn’t move to California ):