Terrain in Unreal Engine 4 using world machine and unreal Engine 4 - 3 part video

Just finished this fella up so I thought I would share it with you. I always get somewhat nervous posting Unreal Engine tutorials as the userbase tends to be somewhat cleverer than the Max userbase I usually teach :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway : This is The Joy of GameDev 3; WORLD MACHINE TO UNREAL ENGINE 4 VIDEO TUTORIAL

You do not need world machine. Files are supplied just in case you do not have the full version with export functionality.

World Machine and Unreal Engine. If you want to create really detailed looking landscapes in your game engine without breaking into a sweat and crying, this great free learning set will explain exactly how to use World Machine to create a 3d landscape for Unreal Engine, then how to create colourmaps for your RGB channels and a normal map so that you can create something REALLY pretty. Unlike 99.7% of tutorials involving World Machine, this one is not horribly boring, full of dull geography or recorded by someone who sounds like Darth Vader speaking through a tin can.

Got an hour free? COURSE YOU HAVE. Come watch! This part is the intro, just in case you need eye bait.

RESOURCE FILES : Click to download.

Youtube Playlist : null - YouTube

3d-Palace Link (in case you are feeling daring) : http://www.3d-palace.com/world-machine-unreal-engine-4-video-tutorial/

Please be careful inserting biscuits into your computer and ask an expert where unsure.

Cris
www.3d-palace.com tea lady

Hey that is a great tutorial, thanks!

thanks for that :smiley: