Terrain Flickering (Editor, 10x10x505 Tiles from World Machine)

Hi Guys,

i have created a terrain with world machine and imported it as world composed tiled landscape into a ue4 third person test project.

Now i see terrain flickering at the end of the terrain. The Size is 5km x 5km. So is this usual in Editor Mode?

Here is a picture.

Cheers

1 Like

Flickering happens when TRIs are fighting. Have a look at the QuadOverdraw view. I have no experience with world machine imports, but - on normal meshes, you just move one mesh a pixel or something above the other one so they don’t overlap anymore and the flicker is gone.

My terrain project isn’t from wm, so , if the terrain itself made all in ue 5.3.2, is flickering , not all tiles, but many, how is that resolved ?

I an start playing on map in a certain spot, start walking round,and all of a sudden, no terrain, player is floating in the air, thats what it looks like.

For a time I thought this was maybe, having started got use Mac editor, maybe the Mac editor isn’t stable yet.

On another note, unity terrain shows no indications, from a new project terrain, of any flickering.

What to do when the terrain itself is flickering, and a high Rez screen shot, never shows it ?