Terrain Blending Tool (based on Star Wars: Battlefront)

Hi some time ago I try to create similar thing, it’s not finished and perfect. I need to clean up this a little and after that I upload somewhere project files.

Nice :D! What technique did you use? Also Distance Fields or something else entirely?

Yeah, someone on polycount also mentioned this technique. Apparently it is used in some UT maps :). I thinkt it’s definitely less peformance heavy, so this technique could be used for mobile, unlike my solution :D. It’s very cool, but I’m trying to push the visual fidelity a bit further :).

Any updates on this? Really looking forward to using this!

The deadline of the project is in two weeks, so I probably will put it up then :). I have exams now, so everything is a bit busy at the moment :smiley:

Hi sorry I forgot about this topic, so my project its only test and WIP but if you need it here you are: Dropbox - Error
It has many limitations so if you improve this solution it will be nice to see it :).

Tested it, and I get results looking like this, which I assume is wrong:
d3193a4b8d1fb618e7c348cd5cb06b781c0254df.jpeg

Any ideas/help appreciated?

I found this: Free Solution for Blending Meshes Into Landscape
But for me it doesn’t look like that. I made sure I have “Generate Mesh Distance Fields” in project setting enabled and also uncheck “Affect Distance Field” on Static Mesh.

GenerateMeshDistanceFields enabled?

Thats some pretty good material witchcraft. Would definitely add this to my projects.

Any news about the shader ? looks awesome :smiley:

I would try it to my test of cartoon open world

Any news ?

Any updates on this amazingly looking project?

Would love to see the method used here, even a tiny simple project with the material setup would be so helpful! Thanks

i am interested in this too :slight_smile:

Me too! This looks fantastic!

This would be great if it could be included in Unreal 4.16.
Please Epic make it happen :cool:

very nice! & Congrats on graduation

This is intense and a much-needed tool in terrain creation! I would love to experiment with this and am looking forward to the tool release!

I am also interested in this tool, I hope it will be released :slight_smile: