Terminator Map for Mortal Kombat 11 - Future War

I want to create a fan made stage for Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11, for that, I selected Unreal Engine to start with the environment. I have a lot of references from the first two movies, but Terminator 2, in Los Angeles 2029 is my main reference. I made a few screenshots directly from the movie to catch the atmosphere, assets, and lights. For now I have the blocking with some ideas, but I will add new changes in the future. This is the first and primitive blocking. I changed the car in the left for a resistance tank:

References:

Blocking:

As Hero Assets, I will create a T-100 Hunter Killer Tank and a T-80 Military Russian Tank. I know, is Los Angeles, not Russia, but I like to think that after the Judgment Day, the human resistance is together without frontiers as allies fighting against machines.

3 Likes

Updates from my Terminator MK Project:

1 Like

I was this week entirely modeling in Maya. Big and most important assets for my environment. This time, the legendary Hunter Killer, still not finished (I will make the head this week), and the final T-80 destroyed from the resistance. And a junk car too!

Updates of the week!

Updates of the week:

3 Likes

Hello there @Abetus !

Let me first say how wonderfully inspiring your project is! I am blown away at how amazing your attention to detail is for this Terminator set! Color me immersed! The tank looks totally awesome! It reminds me of a tricked out and upgraded Wall-E! I love what you did with the skeleton! It gives the atmosphere so much more depth!

What part of your project are you working on next? Have you decided on texture maps for your buildings?

1 Like

Textures this holidays. I want to create everything in 3D before paint.

1 Like

Updates of the week. Some low poly assets to fill buildings, new reworked modular structures and fixed skeleton.

2 Likes

Hello Abetus!

I respect your strategy! Build everything and then paint!

This dystopian atmosphere you’re creating is incredible! Keep blazing the trail with such phenomenal work! :fire:

Updates of the week.

3 Likes

I have to agree with @Get_DOVAH_it; this fan-made stage is coming together terrifically! From the dystopian atmosphere to the amazing job done on your Hunter Killer and T-80 tank, everything so far looks great! Thank you for keeping us updated, and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us! :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Updates of the week.

• New highway lights and park assets.

3 Likes

You had one job…and you’re mastering it! It’s incredible how you’re able to look at the movie screenshots, and create and bring inspired meshes from the film into UE! Thank you so much for sharing the video with us! It’s like everything we’ve seen you create thus far is coming alive. “Come with me - if you want to live!” [in my Terminator voice] :robot:

1 Like

New week, new updates.

• Animations
  • Assets Hero with textures
  • New Props
  • Optimizations

2 Likes

Fantastic work; the “Hunter Killer” and “T-80 Tank” finished textured assets looked incredible in the linked gameplay/screenshots! The entire animated scene/environment itself looks terrific as well! I see there are only a few untextured assets left. Do you think you’re closing in on finishing this project?

No, the project is in 60% more or less :smiley:

I understand; well, excellent work so far! I can’t wait to see further updates. :grin:

Update of the week.

This week I only optimized the environment and rigged the player model. I made retopology for skulls and added some animated T-800 in the background without rifles (soon…).

2 Likes

Wow @Abetus !

Your latest update video is drop-dead phenomenal!
Definitely Certified Dova-licious! :fire::dragon_face: I’m almost at a loss for words over how hauntingly magnificent this is! It’s the rigged player model and the T-800s with the panning light from the Hunter Killer! It’s the environment inspired from the movie scenes! It’s the reflection of light off the surfaces amidst the darkness! It’s all culminating into a feeling of nostalgia, danger, and excitement! You continue to impress!

Thanks. Is my first time with Unreal :smiley:

1 Like