Kristala is a Third-Person, Dark Fantasy, Action RPG that involves character customization, strategic combat, hundreds of armor and weapon combinations, and a deep and meaningful storyline players will discover through journal entry collectibles scattered throughout the world, interactions with NPC’s, item descriptions, and cut scenes.
To learn more about it and see what we’ve done so far:
Astral Clocktower Studios, LLC
**Alexis Brutman (Project Creator, Producer, Rigger/Animator, Animation Programming)
Tiffany Gomez (Project Creator, Lead Level Designer)
Sarah Schaffstall (Project Creator, Marketing Director)
-**We started ACS 2.5 years ago and have been working on Kristala ever since. Our team is 19 members strong and nearly half female!
Environmental/Architectural 3D Modeler
3D Character Modeler
Lead Gameplay Programmer
Jr Gameplay Programmer
B/c we do have a rather large team, please check out our website to see everyone else. The team is listed on our homepage: ACS Website
This is the first title we’ve done as a team.
**Unreal Gameplay Programmer (2) **
We’re looking for programmers with experience programming with Blueprints in Unreal (we will likely do more C++ programming later as we add more custom functionality, but for now Blueprints experience is most important). It’d be very helpful to get some people on board who are experienced in developing enemy AI functionality, but we are also happy to provide resources to programmers looking to learn more and expand their experience. A willingness to learn is most important.
Things we’d like to see in a programmer joining our team:
- A passion for video games and their creation
- Willingness to learn new things and teach yourself using resources provided to you by the studio
- Familiarity with remote work environments, and Discord specifically or at least a willingness to learn and adapt.
- The ability to work comfortably with other people in a team environment and regularly interact with said team.
- An affinity for dark fantasy
- Some experience with playing the Souls games or souls-like games. This is not 100% required, because Kristala is pretty unique and takes inspo from a variety of places, but definitely helps.
This position will not be immediately paid, but that will be temporary. We’ve already started submitting for grants and pitching the game to publishers. Our goal is to be able to provide everyone on the team with full-time, salaried positions once we are funded and have structured our budgeting around that for our publishing pitches/submissions. Kristala is an incredibly fun project, and if you’re a fan of fantasy games, especially action RPG’s, you’d have a lot of fun working on Kristala’s mechanics.
Discord: astralAllie#0782 (this is the very best way to reach me)