Temporarily disable collision

Hello,

I’d like know how to make a blueprint script, were when the main character gets hit/damaged (that’s already in the script btw) the collisions are temporarily disabled. I’m making a 2D platformer, and I want the main character not to continuesly get hit by moving enemies.

So I was thinking too temporarily disable collisions so that the enemies continue walking without hitting the main character.

2 Likes

Use the node “set collision enable” you have three options, one is not collision.

2 Likes

Hello there!

There is a blueprint node named “Set Actor Enable Collision” that will allow you to enable/disable the collision for any actor.

Just right click in the graph and type collision, it should be visible in the list then. :slight_smile:

EDIT: The difference between node and the “Set Collision Enabled” node is:

• “Set Actor Enable Collision” is called on an actor component (such as a pawn, rock, etc). It also allows you to toggle on/off.
  • “Set Collision Enabled” is called on a “PrimitiveComponent”, or in other words a component contained within the actor. Allows you to choose between no collision, no physics collision, and collision enabled.
4 Likes

Hello,

first of all, thank you for the replies!

I’m looking into " set collision enabled" and “set actor enable collision”. What is the best way to make my blueprint like work:

I just want, that when the actor takes “any” damage, the actor’s collision is disabled for 3-5 seconds. Basically making him invulnerable for that short period of time.

I’ve tried and failed, but maybe I’m looking at the wrong way to do it.

disable collision is not a good way to handle invulnerable, projectile will fly through your actor.
just setup a boolean called bInvulnerableMode and don’t actually do damage if is true.
you can set it to true at the end of taking damage and put a timer delegate to set it back to false.
(and you can spawn/trigger some if it’s invulnerable and getting hit.)

Solution found

Hello,

for everyone who helped me, my gratitude!

I solved the problem.

For anyone in the same situation:

The disable collision werks perfectly for the enemy actor. As it is a matinee moving him from position to position, he wil continue moving, but only hurt the main character once, without being an obstacle.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can disable collision of the capsule for certain animations?