teleport breaks Sound triggers

So I set up a small sound system that basically plays a sound to simulate outside ambience. There are 3 trigger boxes. One for when you are outside the house, by the door which plays half volume, and one inside where it stops the track. I’m having a random issue not exactly with my system itself.

My blueprint works fine normally but if I decide to use the teleport node it breaks my blueprint. For example, If the player is inside the house(the volume is off) and I teleport them to a new location inside the house it random sets the volume to 100% again.

I attached a picture that shows my blueprint

Maybe im overlooking something that’s extremely simple.
Thanks Everyone!

( Notice you’re also calling the gate stuff every frame on the right hand side. That’s probably not what you intended… )

Yeah, that is WAAY to complicated :slight_smile:

Have 3 boxes, yes:

1. Occupies all of the house except near the door

2. Near the door

3. Just outside the door ( not everywhere outside )

Overlap with 1 turns the sound down to zero ( or very small amount like .001 - I have had problems with sound stopping when I turn them to zero ).

Overlap with 2 plays the sound quietly.

Overlap with 3 turns the sound up as they leave the door.

Also, this way, you can just put and ambient sound in the level to make the sound and don’t have to worry about playing it and stopping it.

Its not lol. Thanks for the heads up on that!

The Blueprint is actually set up how you just described it with just a few extra steps to prevent the player from triggering it more than once.

When you leave Box 1 it sets the Volume to half
When you enter Box 1 it sets the Volume to .001 (I changed it Like you suggested to see if it would help)

When you Leave Box 2 Volume is set to 1 (being Max)
When you Enter Box 2 Volume is set back to half

Box 3 is just For when they are outside this current map which then turns off The sound all together

The Blueprint works, but the issue is when i use a teleport node. It seems like UE4 registers it as the player left that Outside the Box and then is placed back in it triggering all 3 boxes to fire off at once.

The Blueprint is actually set up how you just described it with just a few extra steps to prevent the player from triggering it more than once.

When you leave Box 1 it sets the Volume to half
When you enter Box 1 it sets the Volume to .001 (I changed it Like you suggested to see if it would help)

When you Leave Box 2 Volume is set to 1 (being Max)
When you Enter Box 2 Volume is set back to half

Box 3 is just For when they are outside this current map which then turns off The sound all together

The Blueprint works, but the issue is when i use a teleport node. It seems like UE4 registers it as the player left that Outside the Box and then is placed back in it triggering all 3 boxes to fire off at once.

I think you only need to use beginoverlap, are you using endoverlap? ( I wonder if that works with teleport )…