ABOUT VEU INC
Our mission is to create cutting-edge multiplayer experiences for players around the world with industry-leading talent. We are building an unannounced next-generation AAA VR title using the Unreal Engine.
THE ROLE: Technical Director
Our studio is looking for a Technical Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Technical Director is responsible for managing the project’s programming and development to keep it on track to technical excellence.
This is a full-time paid remote position with a 3-month development window focused on a fully-funded proof of concept with the possibility of renewal.
Idea personality traits
- Passionate about game development.
- A great communicator and you pride yourself on working with many different disciplines.
- Able to solve problems and enabling others to do their best work through solutions.
- You’re able to contribute to one of the significant areas of the development team. (Programming, Graphics Programming, or Technical Art)
- You are committed to fostering an environment of continual learning and a positive atmosphere.
- You love making games just as much as playing them.
- A big geek at heart. (We’re all geeks here!)
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Discuss the project with the art and creative directors and maintain a development timeline with the producers/project managers.
- Direct the technical development team to ensure an excellent experience for the player.
- Taking on a lead development role in the area your expertise is best suited.
- Coding major game systems for the experience on top of the Unreal Engine.
- Joining regular meetings to discuss technical development needs for the company’s primary focus project and giving notes/direction team’s work.
Skills & Requirements
- Comfortable with a remote work environment.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine (Unreal 5 Engine is a huge plus).
- Programming and scripting knowledge (C++ and blueprints or similar).
- Have Shipped successful AAA titles from start to finish or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Hiring / Project Manager
Adam M Jones,
Submit a resume, portfolio link, and an introduction
We look forward to hearing from you!