ILMxLAB Seeks Technical Artists for Ongoing Immersive Entertainment Projects
A new division of Industrial Light & Magic, ILMxLAB focuses on creating immersive experiences in VR/AR/Mixed Reality. There are currently multiple projects in development/production. A great deal of our work takes place in the Star Wars Universe, though, xLAB is also working on projects outside of Lucasfilm intellectual property.
Trials on Tatooine
Technical Artist Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
- Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
- Partner with engineering team to understand, define and manage project technical requirements and project asset production.
- Assist artists and designers via tool development, and in concept testing of new ideas, and building of rapid prototypes
- Look/dev passes of fog, lighting, post-processes and other VFX for scene / level. Actively participate in optimizations, identify, triage, and fix bugs as required.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development Strong art skills with experience and deep understanding of modeling, texturing, animation, & lighting for games.
- Maya: in-depth knowledge, experience with the API (Python or C++), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel.
- Unreal: extensive experience working with UE scripting and workflows: physically-based rendering, materials & real-time lighting
- Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines, and subsurface shaders
- Materials: experienced in the development, authoring & organization of efficient materials via the UE4 material editor
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Passion for playing and making games, experience or interest in VR and AR VFX production / pipeline experience
- Proficient with profiling tools in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues
- Experience with one or more of the following: Substance Designer / Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox, Houdini, Mari, Unity
- Familiarity with C# and C++
- Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
Apply here: https://goo.gl/CRCBk9