I am working on a framework library (“Energy Library”) for my game concept and perhaps for sharing.
The demo shows off the physics of the library (and some other stuff I could not resist to play around with). About smooth gravitation and alignment of pawns along surrounding meshes with 6DoF.
WIP - implemented with Blueprints only - using UE4.12.0 atm.
Benchmarks (GeForce GTX970; Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHZ):
25ms Heartbeat: ~100Pawns ~60FPS
50ms Heartbeat: ~170Pawns ~30FPS
Download: Feel free to play around with Linked in the post below.
Literally all additional Assets:
- High-Poly replacements for default Sphere, Cone, Zylinder. Self-made! (wohoo! ) in Blender.
- UE4 Starter-Content: Light01 Sound and customized Sparks Particle Effect.
- Unreal Engine Intro-Movie (with Trademark License Agreement - especially for customization)
- Music from freemusicarchive.org: Scott Holmes - Jump For Joy, Nihilore - Atomic Fire Light, Haute Culture - Post
Own reality → own freedom
Primary Part: Shared calculations between actors/components within same calculation cycle. (Shared energy-usage on player abilities; Shared AoE, kills, abilities between players,…)
Secondary Part: Custom physics and gravity for hovering/flying pawns.
- Server authoritative implementation
- Migrated into the Counterwill-Projekt for the Jan 2016 - GameJam, and still brewing within this project with other small test concepts.
- I spent most of the time (far too much time ^^) watching things work and lerping the hell out of it. And still many tweaks required.
A shooter concept that does not depend on aim, precision and trained skill rather than what you are able to do, what you are willing to do and how you can use it against others.
In other words: My mum should be able to beat me. (Says the UT99+ player…)
(Or: A game where Alex can show off his gaming skills )
Anyway for the gameplay-feeling and mechanics I want to put up an own environment with own rules/constraints/possibilities and with custom physics.
Since I love modularity and reusability this library should basically be the modding kit for the game, to create the game.
Well the sheer amout of time i’ve already played around with the editor, makes the whole thing pretty serious.
What I would love to do: Try new things with UE, solve problems, share it, make people happy and still continue with my game concept.
What I actually should do: Do my business. A year ago my business plan was a social web platform, things somehow changed the longer i played around with UE.
Perhaps you guys out there, who have far more plan and focus than me with getting things done, can help me with my question: Does it make sense to share such a library on the marketplace and improve it in ways that people would like? Or should I rather focus on my game concept, that will result in a “first game”?
Have fun watching things fly! I am happy about any feedback