I’ve started uploading this latest round of tutorials covering the basics of Tech Art. It is aimed at someone who is familiar with Unreal Engine but not quite sure how to make shaders/materials do what they want. It covers the basic maths and shows the concepts visually, building up the concepts from the ground up.
- how UVs work
- how you can manipulate them
- offsetting, scaling and rotating UVs and textures
- generating random numbers
- random tile material
randomly splatting textures across a surface
varying their position, scale and rotation
making a procedural water puddle material
- how to use render targets
- detect where a FPS weapon hits on a surface
- draw a damage hit
- basic smoke particle system
- vary size and scale of hits
- track which objects have been hit and only create render targets for hit objects by using blueprint map data type
Tech Art 4 has 8 of 13 uploaded and I will edit this post as more go up.
They were originally made for a another content creator and I ended up not being able to finish in time so I was kindly allowed to upload the content to youtube.
I hope you find them useful and let me know what topics in the future you would like me to cover. And it helps if you subscribe too