I’m trying to understand what is the essential/logical/ideal/possible core elements for a game development team.
- Game Scriptwriting
- Game art: concept design + storyboarding (?)
- UE4 level design: blockouts ad placeholder
- Modeling: environment, characters, props, etc
- UV Unwrapping
- UE4 level design/editing: lighting, particles, dynamics, gameplay mechanics, etc (?)
- Programming: UE4 Bluprints/C++
- Game debugging/QA testing
- What did I miss?
- I know it depends on the project’s dimension but, for a starter indie team (starting out with crowdfunding and such), what would be the ideal and realistic minimum possible layout?
- What areas could be merged together? (Examples: UV Unwrapping + Texturing/Painting (?); Skinning + Rigging + Animation (?))
I myself will do a bit of game Scriptwriting, full Modeling, a bit of UE4 game level design/editing, a bit of Audio and general project management. Game debugging/ QA testing would be done by eneryone and some friends, I suppose.
I’ll update according to feedback.
Every bit of information is appreciated.