I am happy to announce my [FONT=Arial Black]TCP Blueprint plugin:
It allows you to connect to a server using tcp protocol and it’s designed so users
can use blueprints only so they dont need to write code with c++.
Source code is also provided so you can customized to your needs.
- custom IP and port defined in blueprint nodes
- Blueprint nodes to connect/disconnect
- blueprint events onConnect/onDisconnect/onConnectionFail
- receive and send: int32,float,string
- Blueprint node to read all as string
- 5 Python server scripts examples included
- Example project using the 5 tcp servers simultaneously
- ready for ue4.13
Example project available for download (requires plugin to compile):
Added easy to use “bp_EasyStringTCP” to the blueprint, just drag to your viewport and use its method “SendStringToServer” to send strings and the “onTcpStringReceived” event to listen for incoming strings.
I am also sharing an server utility program to create tcp and websocket servers to allow you to quick test the plugin and communicate several clients with ue4 (the server utility is only for testing purposes and is not part of the plugin)
you can get the download link from the plugin blueprint bp_EasyStringTCP graph code.
New tutorial “simple chat with tcp” using the “server utility”
Hope you all like it