TArray of UObjects resetting after editor restart

Hope someone might give us both more information / documentation on this, now the method I was using is also deprecated. It’s hard to tell what is by design. For example, I was running some code which was basically an editor utility but written on the construction script and visual debugging was failing because it depended on a player and HUD being present (obviously not present before PIE). This was one of multiple debuggers, all with their flaws. Sometimes the design is not clear at all.

Not familiar with this. I checked the Network Compendium which shows nothing about it.

I suppose setting the relative position of the SceneComponent itself through c++, being a property, then also does not give the results. Wish I had the fix :confused: . I don’t really remember what I discovered back then but on my old post I said this:

If you are lucky to work with an editor extension (detail panels etc.) you can make use of property handles and property nodes, but these are otherwise inaccessible (strange indeed, as they’d make automation really easy). Setting values on a preview object during PreSave seems to write them permanently to the CDO as well.

This will likely have been at UE4.2.7 where I hoped to simulate “a user editing values” for this exact reason. Apparently I thought there was a way through detail panels (Link, Link_2) if working with an editor extension for what is basically your editor util code. The idea being if you modify the editor panel instead of the object property, the panel will take care of the process the natural way. It’s an idea, but I’m running out of ideas :slightly_smiling_face: .