Download

Target point actor spawn.

Hello. :slight_smile:

I’m working on a game and there are these target points. In my project I have 5 Target Points where I would like to spawn the Actors down, so that two Actors don’t spawn on each other.
How can I solve this?

Thank you for your answers! :slight_smile:

Hi Edem,

You could do something like this - have a target spawner that spawns the target and then destroys itself - so the target it spawns would remain, but the target spawner itself would be destroyed.

This is just a sample for what I do for my item spawns - I’m registering them to my Game Mode because when the game starts, my Game Mode iterates through all of my BP_ItemSpawner’s and calls the **SpawnItem **event which does the actual spawning of an item and then it (BP_ItemSpawner) destroys itself.

The **BP_ItemSpawner **has a single Billboard component as the root component and it’s just an arrow to show me where the BP_ItemSpawner is when I place it into the world.

You can see that there’s no overlap issue. Ignore the random items and the bow that’s 1/2 way in the ground - this is still a work in progress lol… Hopefully this helps :smiley:

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot! :smiley:

You’re very welcome! :smiley:

Can you clarify how you set this up mine is not work were is the pink line coming from that it attach the get node? and do I need to make a data table to use this?