Tappered Capsule doesn't collide with Cloth Asset

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a gown for my character using the cloth system. I’ve created a Physics Asset with tapered capsules for each limb as recommended. Unfortunately it seems like only a very small number of capsules are affecting the cloth?

I’ve attached a picture that show the problem in detail. Also please don’t pay attention to the broken skinning on the top part of the gown and the belt and I just did an automatic bind skin on them. What’s not working here is the leg collision.

I’ve been looking at all the topic related to cloth collision problem these past few days and tried most solution explained and none of them work. I should also specify that my asset are made in Maya.

Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

Hi!

Even if 2 years had already pased, maybe the answer can help someone.

For cloth collision detection there’s a limit on the number of capsules i’ts using from the physsic asset. Not sure about the limit but around 8. It’s just using the first 8 capsulles you’ve added to the physsic asset, the rest are ignored. Maybe you can create 2 physsic assets, one to be used for cloth, with just the key 8 colliders, and another one with the full body for ragdolls/physics.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes