Taming Fire | FuriousEleganceContest

Title: Taming Fire

Video URL: Taming Fire on Vimeo

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content & references:

MetaHuman Characters: Dhruv & Bernice

Bernice Kenpo Style Animation Reference: #martialartist #karate #kenpo #karateka #lakeatitlan #americankenpo #k... | TikTok

Furthermore, the inspiration for Dhruv’s meditation animation was derived from the spiritual practices of Subcontinent meditation, particularly the Khafi Zarbi Zikr, which aims to conquer one’s inner self. These practices have been passed down, over centuries, through the esteemed lineage of Silsila Jahangiri and continue to be embraced by followers of the Spiritual Order of Naqeebi Silsila.

Unreal Engine Environment: MW Broadleaf Trees Forest Biome
by MAWI United (https://mawiunited.com/)
(MW Broadleaf Trees Forest Biome in Environments - UE Marketplace)

Screenshot of project in-editor:

Description:

Taming Fire is a poetic take on Furious Elegance Theme.

Being Warriors in a war to conquer their greatest foe, themselves. An endless battle where grace and honor come only with scars of time.

Bernice and Dhruv represent two stages of life, Youth & Sage both in meditation to conquer Physical & Spiritual Battlefields respectively.

I wanted to approach this short story project to be completely based on Unreal Engine, as per requirement, the challenge was a good learning direction.

Using Control Rig to animate MetaHumans, and using latest 3D Niagra fluid system for the Fire symbolism.
Compiling Shots in Master Sequence and using Movie Render Queue to test how much raw quality can be squeezed from Unreal Engine given a limited time.

In conclusion, for me “Taming Fire” stands as a testament to the fusion of artistry and technical expertise, showcasing the possibilities that Unreal Engine offers within a limited timeframe. It has been a remarkable journey of growth and learning, opening doors to new realms of creativity and professional development.

Engine version: Unreal Engine 5.2.0

4 Likes

Hi there @MetalBone,

Hope you’re well and having a fantastic week so far!

The comparison between the youthful woman and older man creates such a terrifically striking display of differences. Both are focused on improvement of “physical and spiritual battlefields” but in such contrasting ways. The storytelling aspects of the video are simply beautiful yet subtle.
However, it’s the expertly crafted technical elements of the project are what makes it stand out the most. The lighting, metahuman animations, and environmental designs are masterfully done. Ultimately resulting in a thoughtful and reflective project. Wonderfully done! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for sharing and I hope to see more of your art around the forums! Good luck in the challenge.

1 Like

Thank You

It’s my first take to properly push something like this on a more personal level.

Your such words of appreciation is really an honor & truly motivating.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.