Take Recorder for recording UEFN gameplay

Hi, I am trying to record gameplay in UEFN editor. I am following the UE5 tutorials with Take Recorder. When I go to record with Take Recorder in UEFN it doesn’t capture anything because the game is running in fortnite servers and not running locally where Take Recorder is recording. As a result all the recordings are just empty. Am I missing something here? Is there anyway to start my UEFN session locally, run around with my character, and have Take Recorder record it? Or is that capability not available yet? Thank you!

Is there anyway to start my UEFN session locally, run around with my character, and have Take Recorder record it?

You are correct. That is not possible at the moment. Take Recorder in UEFN allows you to record actors in the Unreal Editor only (not in game).

Also, note there is a validation bug at the moment in 29.40. If you record with Take Recorder and save the level sequence, you won’t be able to use it directly on a Cinematic Sequence Device. To work around this, you’ll need to copy the tracks from the recorded sequence, paste it to another level sequence and delete the recorded sequence. This will be fixed in 30.00.