Take more than 6 mins to launch the unreal editor when debugging code using vscode on Linux

When debugging some unreal engine codes using vscode, it takes more than 6 mins to launch the unreal editor. Is there a way to speed it up?

Does the same problem occur with Rider?

I did not use Rider. But it takes about 1 min to launch the unreal editor outside vscode on Ubuntu.

you are launching the editor to debug the editor code or your project code?

i think you are launching your project to debug its code, your project has so many nested loops?

try launcing the editor standalone and see how it loads…

hope it helps
cheers!

I just tested an example from Niagara Fluids using vscode. Other examples have same problem. Even re-launching the code from debugging took a long time to reload the UE editor. Outside vscode, it does not.

You definitely should add info that you’re on Linux in original post and title. Cause people assume you’re on windows.

Done. Thanks. On the other hand, on Windows, it may have the same problem and someone may come up some solutions.

You can try asking on Unreal Slackers as well. As there are not many Linux UE developers out there in general.

@S-ed thanks for your suggestion. Will try.

Hi @anonymous_user_fd8027a5!

I’m having the same issue on Ubuntu 23.04.

Whenever I launch my project in DebugGame mode on VSCode, it takes several minutes, as you mentioned.

Did you already find a solution for this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.