Tag filtering on PCG (procedural content generation) over StaticMesh

Hello all!
I’m using PCG procedural generation to enrich a StaticMesh based scene.
I want to have different “kind” of procedural object spawn on diferent “kind” of staticmesh.
I tried to use “tags” to spawn rocks on a “rocky area” staticMesh and grass on a “grassland” area.

This is not working neither with Actor Tags or StaticMeshComponent “component tags”:

The “rocky cylinder” and “rocky cube” should be covered with red sphere and the “grassy plane” should be cover in green cone…

I tried to use the “FilterByTag” node without success.
I also tried the “Filter On Tag” on various node without more success:

The PCG graph is working ok as it output “rock” and “grass” everywhere if I remove the “FilterByTag” nodes but I am unable to filter-out where I will spawn each stuff…

This seems to be a reasonable use-case and I’m unable to implement it…
Am I missing something?
Any help appreciated, cheers!

Yeah, it just doesn’t seem to work, eh? :slight_smile:

There are tags absolutely everywhere, and no documentation, as usual…

I don’t think it applies to actor tags, I think it’s talking about tags internal to the PCG graph.

Hi, don’t know if you’ve already figured this out but I’m putting this solution here incase someone else has same problem and is looking for the answer. You can do actor tag filtering in the world ray hit query node, as I also could not get the ‘filter by tag’ to work as expected.

1 Like

anw… how to combine with spline and blueprint?

On (every?) pcg element node, under the tags section there is a “Tags Applied on Output”, that’s the tags that FilterByTag uses. I don’t know where the tags exist, but I can say they are not an attribute

Hi everyone,
In case anyone have the same problem the only solution I found was to implement a new PCG node: MyPCGWorldRayHit that look a lot like PCGWorldRayHit but use a AdditionalQueryParams.FilterOnComponentTags to do the filtering on HitComponent->ComponentTags

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.