Tab out of game slow and crash game often, and GPUBreadCrumb Warning

Hello everyone,

I have problem in a game when "tab out of the game by using “windows key” or “CTRL + ESC” or “ALT + Tab”.

• At first, it is really slow. It needs some seconds and freeze everything.
  • Bigger problem, often a GPU Crash is shown which crashes the game when tab out of the game.
  • Problem only happen when playing in “full screen”. Windowed is fine, but windowed also just not need to tab outside.

I tested some other UE4 games, and tab out of these games is very smooth and and fast. It tabs out of the game immediately.

At game start I get a red Error message into my UE4 log, which I want to get rid off first, to make sure this is not the root cause of my problem.
On Game start and Editor start, log shows the following:

LogD3D12RHI: Forcing D3D12.AsyncDeferredDeletion=0 as a workaround for a deadlock.
LogD3D12RHI: Chosen D3D12 Adapter Id = 0
LogD3D12RHI: Emitting draw events for PIX profiling.
LogD3D12RHI: The system supports ID3D12Device1.
LogD3D12RHI: The system supports ID3D12Device2.
LogD3D12RHI: Warning: [GPUBreadCrumb] Failed to OpenExistingHeapFromAddress, error: 80070057
LogD3D12RHI: Warning: [GPUBreadCrumb] Failed to OpenExistingHeapFromAddress, error: 80070057
LogD3D12RHI: Display: Not using pipeline state disk cache per r.D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=0
LogD3D12RHI: Display: Not using driver-optimized pipeline state disk cache per r.D3D12.PSO.DriverOptimizedDiskCache=0
LogD3D12RHI: GPU DeviceId: 0x1be1 (for the marketing name, search the web for "GPU Device Id")

I googled much about this GPUBreadCrumb Warning, but I do not find anything related how to fix it when having it in UE4.

1. Someone has a idea why I get this message and how to fix this?
  2. Someone has advises for me, what makes “tab out of the game” so slow and buggy?

Thanks a lot!