T pose for UE4 new mannequin?

Hi,

Is there somewhere a T pose available for the UE4 mannequin ?

I have to retarget between ue4 skeleton (A pose) and fuse/iclone skeletons (T pose) and i spent some time trying to tpose the ue4 mannequin by hand for quite a poor result.

So it would be super nice to have a clean t pose included in the animation starter pack for example.

Thanks !
Cedric

I just found a thread in the forum addressing this pb, i’ll follow it and post here if anything good comes.

Cedric

I also needed to retarget animations to a Fuse-created skeleton. After spending hours trying to get a perfect retargeting, I thought of this, which gave me a super clean retarget with hardly any manipulation of the bones/joints:

1. Upload target character from Fuse to
    Mixamo
  2. Select the T-Pose animation for your
    uploaded character and download
    (Note: The T-Pose animation is
    slightly different from Mixamo’s base
    skeleton T-Pose, so don’t skip this
    step)
  3. Within UE4, right-click the UE4
    mannequin skeletal mesh and Export
  4. I then exported the UE4 mannequin from UE4, imported it into Mixamo, and downloaded the same T-Pose animation for it —Here is [UE4 mannequin T-Pose animation] 1 that was the result.
  5. Import both animations to the
    respective skeletons
  6. Open the T-Pose animation for the
    mannequin
  7. Click the Skeleton tab in the upper
    right
  8. Click the Manage Retarget Setups
    button in the upper left
  9. Click Save Pose
  10. Click View Pose
  11. Make any further adjustments (the
    IK bones were the only ones that
    needed tweaking when I looked)
  12. Click Save Pose
  13. Repeat steps 6-12 for your custom
    skeleton
  14. Retarget animations

That’s it! You may have to play with Translation Retargeting for the custom skeleton (I set all bones to skeleton save for the root and pelvis afterwards), after that, the retargeted animations work perfectly.

this sounds like exactly what i am looking for, but i am still not getting it fully, is there any way you can make a video on this? this would be a life saver!!!

Hi
Here is an easy way to set the T pose to the retargeting base pose of the unreal skeleton.

The steps to perform this, are basically the following ones:

1. Download the rar file 106958-t_pose_ue4_mannequin.rar (32.8 KB)
  2. Import the the fbx with a drag and drop in the directory containing the unreal skeleton
  3. right click the imported file > click create pose
  4. Open the unreal skeleton file and in the retarget menu load the pose
  5. set the pose as default

Here is the video
https://youtu.be/D8nH2Yo9PT8

1 Like

This helped. Thanks!

Godlike solution… Now finally, after 2 weeks trying to figure out how to properly match poses, this done it 99% well (only need few weight paint adjustments and its ok).
Thanks for sharing this !

thanks… works too in 4.27