Synty City Pack for UEFN is disappointing

I purchased the referenced version of the Synty City Pack.

This pack doesn’t come with the characters or the demo scene, despite both of those appearing in the screenshots, which were clearly not taken in UEFN despite being used extensively to promote this pack throughout the Fab store.

Now perhaps I should have gone through all 285 assets and discovered the characters and demo scene weren’t there in advance, but I should note they are included with the Synty City Pack when I’ve purchased it on other platforms (including the Unreal Marketplace, where it is sold for the same price)

Maybe this is only an issue with the referenced version of the pack, but this highlights a key issue with Fab: I am unable to change/upgrade my purchase to the non-referenced version to find out.

On top of that, the vehicles in this pack are in a completely unusable state. They have gone through some kind of auto-lod polygon decimation. They appear fine in the Fab model viewer, but in the editor and in game, they look like this:

The final nail-in-the-coffin is that these assets don’t come as actual playset items or prop/building blueprints, they’re just the static meshes. So to work with these assets in a level, you’d first have to transform every single one into a blueprint, which is a huge pain, and seems like something the asset creator should do. Perhaps that’s what the line “This asset does not contain animations or interactivity.” is meant to cover, but that is not nearly clear enough.

This pack doesn’t come with the characters or the demo scene, despite both of those appearing in the screenshots, which were clearly not taken in UEFN despite being used extensively to promote this pack throughout the Fab store.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make updates to the pack description to better convey exactly what you will get in UEFN.

On top of that, the vehicles in this pack are in a completely unusable state. They have gone through some kind of auto-lod polygon decimation.

I would like to get some more information on the polygon decimation issue that you are seeing. We tested these assets internally and we do not get the same results when launching to FN on PC. Are you testing on a console? Some consoles will use different LODs as the base mesh, so this could be an LOD issue we need to fix.

The final nail-in-the-coffin is that these assets don’t come as actual playset items or prop/building blueprints, they’re just the static meshes. So to work with these assets in a level, you’d first have to transform every single one into a blueprint, which is a huge pain, and seems like something the asset creator should do.

We are aware that delivering assets as meshes in UEFN isn’t always ideal, especially for large packs like this. It’s a current limitation of our delivery pipeline that we plan to solve long term.

I will be reaching out to you through PM with a possible resolution.

1 Like