Sync Folder in Content Browser (Perforce) Crashes Editor

Using Perforce for version control.

Selecting a folder in the left-pane of the content browser and choosing “Sync” will crash the editor. This has been replicated several times and we’ve submitted crash reports for each instance.

Hi

Thanks for the report - What version of the editor did you get the crashes with and were these specific folders (say, root directories)?

Are you running on Windows or Mac?

Do you have the crash report ID for any of these reports?

I’m running 4.2.1 (and so is the artist on the team that had crashes as well.) We are both working on Windows (don’t get me started on Mac performance. :slight_smile:

I don’t have the crash report ID, I didn’t know that was a thing I should keep. Is there a record of that anywhere on disk? We worked with it on Friday night Eastern time.

I get a crash as well on 4.2.1 but only if I sync the Game folder. All subfolders sync fine.

The error in the output log I get is:
[2014.06.30-15.04.24:644][370]LogWindows: === Critical error: ===
Unhandled Exception: 0x00000001

[2014.06.30-15.04.24:644][370]LogWindows: LongPackageNameToFilename failed to convert ‘/Game’. Path does not map to any roots.

Address = 0xfcea940d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]

This issue was fixed, but has not been rolled out as a hotfix. The change in master branch is here. Until 4.3 comes around the only workaround is to only sync subdirectories.