Switching to Unity 5

[=;315073]
He is referring to the Unity Pro which costs $1500 or $700 if you are upgrading from an earlier Pro version.
[/]

If he spent the 700 and the money he spent on the together he would have had proper hardware in the first place.

[=tegleg;317057]
sure you can.
on a train, a car, a friends house, in other countries, on a mountain, a beach, ect ect
who wants to be tied to a giant metal box with wires and devices everywhere that needs to be plugged into the wall, crazy. its not 1990 anymore
[/]

You can write code from your phone too. It seems like you’re missing the point.

Trolllllll

the point is some people (including myself) lead a life where they need to be mobile, laptops provide that opportunity and are perfectly capable of doing so.

i dont think the op’s problem is their laptop, it might be that big elephant

Hoe do you eat an elephant?

• One bite at a time.

And if its a digital elephant, then one byte at a time

[=GeoffCoope;316977]
Not to start a war but you can’t generalize like that imo.
[/]

I agree with you on that especially as a high end can compete with a lot of desktops that are classified as high end.

[=Errvald;317004]
Working on a game with a <19inch screen, is not very smart…
[/]

how so?, I mean working on a <19inch screen that’s full HD would be the same as working on a 60inch screen that’s full HD(same with 4K screens), well unless you have bad eyesight or something.

Big Elephant? …Digital Elephant? …What am I missing here… :confused:

Pay attention to the Epic videos and how often they mention all their ‘40 core’(?!, yes) machines.
Then google those workstations, a quick search lead me to a triple Titan 32 core machine as a ‘recommendation’ for UE dev.

Food for thought.

While I also am uncertain of the veracity of the original post (especially with it’s oddly threatening tone), if anyone DOES have similar issues, you may be running afoul of power settings. If your machine came unplugged (or the power went out,or something), your machine may have gone into low power mode. If Ued was open, then it may have autoscaled your settings, then saved that setting got the next time you ran it (I had that happen once quite a while ago). Check Engine Scalability Settings in the settings menu.