Switching tabs minimizes Content Browser

Hello,
I’m using a multi window layout where I have Content Browser 1 opened on second monitor. This Content Browser window is maximized while I have the main tab with map opened, but the moment I switch to any other tab, like BP editor, the content browser minimizes. Is there any way to keep it maximized ? Tried to search settings and did a web search but I found no topic with this problem.
Is there maybe some plugin for improving multiwindow layouts in UE ?

Unfortunately that’s not a bug, that’s just a lack of feature.
You can’t have multiple content browsers active at once. Though it is possible to get multiple up on screen, and even eventually get them to stay there, all the content browsers will display the same folder once you do basically anything.

Not sure I got exactly what you mean, it sounds like you’re describing what I’m trying to achieve. I don’t want multiple content browsers, I want just one but I want it to stay maximized all the time - this is the issue. I have Content browser 1 open on second monitor while in Map editor. But when I open new tab with for example Blueprint editor or Animation sequence - the Content browser 1, which is in its own window, automatically minimizes.

It’s really easy-

It is actually a feature.

You can have up to 4 content browsers at once. Content browser 1 is the only one that follows you around and won’t stay up on a separate monitor.
To have a separate content browser on your second monitor, just navigate to Window → Content Browsers → Content Browser [2-4]

All but content browser 1 stay.

2 Likes

You’re right ! I can just not use Content Browser 1 and then it works the way I want. I need to open content browser 2-4 while being on BP,ABP or other type of tab though, if anyone else is wondering. Thanks !

1 Like

Is there a way to make the content browser stay locked in the same spot when swapping between level/material/blueprint editor tabs?

Nope it’s a bug, I never get content browser 1 to go away… Until I reseted the layout to get rid of the “unrecognized tab” thing. Then I experienced the issue described in the OP.

So to fix it, just open the content browser from an asset editor tab menu, then it will remain as it always did.