Switching between multiple pawn

Ok, so the previous issue was that the Pawn was not possessed. But is possessed now, right? And the input works?

to know which pawn

You’re mixing things up a bit so it might be difficult to follow. To clarify:

• a Pawn is the entire puzzle actor
  • that Pawn has 3 static meshes you can swap between

So when you say:

how to highlight them to know which pawn am currently on like the picture up

You probably mean which mesh, not which pawn - can you confirm?

If you’re using the light component to indicate the currently selected mesh, you could move the light to the location of the selected static mesh component. You could use relative location since both the mesh and the light belong to the same actor.

Have done it but it only works by using flip flop
And I have three light what should I do?

what should I do?

You should seriously consider studying elementary tutorials to save time. At this pace this is going nowhere. You’ll get frustrated sooner rather than later. :expressionless: Been there, done that. Too many times.

You asked for advice, I hereby advise - :heart: - Keep on reading if that’s not what you wanted hear.

If you want to keep going - you should definitely post the script. You only need 1 light, no need to complicate things, no need for flip flops :sandal: :sandal:

• providing the light is off, you can turn it on when the pawn is possessed like so:

• here’s what I mentioned above - see if you can fit this into the existing script:

This would position the light at the location of the selected static mesh component.

Skip down if u want
First thanks. this have been a problem that been on my mind and I need to learn it because I want to make a open puzzle adventure game and I know it will take me up to 3 or 5 years to learn ue and make the game. Here the pic of the blueprint it working well

Now when I select the mesh need to make it rotate.am going to work on that(going to take a while to figure it out but it will be fun)
If I have a problem am going to still need your help XD. I just want to master blueprint before I go to HUD and landscape lastly thanks for the advice really helpful

Aye, great progress!

Now when I select the mesh need to make it rotate

Look into Timelines - that will be the best method:

Time won’t work best because
1 it will rotate all the mesh
2 I won’t be able to get a specific rotation then open the door.

Ehm. Nope. None of the above is true. But then again, who knows what you’re up to.

Well I just try any method that works for me tho

Knock yourself out then. Timelines work well for a lot of things. There are some things they’re not great at.

When it comes to doors & puzzles - that’s, most likely, the best choice in most cases.

If you need help, you can’t make us guess what you’re doing.

So am pressing z to move back this is the code

It working but I keep getting error on set relative location
I try using world location but it not work

• you’re doing --, this will not work with modulo, print the result to see what it does
  • if you want to go the other way with the indexes, check if the index is less than 0 and then set it to the array’s Last Index instead
  • you do not need to make the light visible every time you press a key, once is enough - when you possess the Pawn perhaps, as above

Also, why take pictures of the screen with your phone? Not only does it take more time, but we also can’t see anything.

Windows Snipping Tool is not too bad but there are, of course, more convenient alternatives.

It working and when am in mesh 2 pressing the key will take me back to zero but I want to go back to mesh 1?
am learning a lot about blueprint and the rotating stuff am done it.but it not good Cant pass -90° and them it start misbehaving

Mesh Cycling

Timeline Rotation

Result

Snippet

Project Link

Disclaimer

This is not complete, more script is needed to catch certain behaviours.

Thanks for the project file.
is it possible to limit the rotation like when the player press v to rotate-90 and then press z to rotate 90.in your project file as I kept pressing it at the same time it just stay one place (i know the player will stop pressing the key at some time I just want to know if there is a way to fix it tho) using dely not work

Have also try setting the 3 mesh to specific rotation it like this: I get the mesh then get the relative rotation and use == which make it to a Boolean and then i print it out but it was working for each mesh.have try using the array then get a length but it still work for the 3 mesh. What am I doing wrong?will I use a “foreachnode”
Thank u in advance for helping a noob
The reason y I replied late was that learning how to push a box with animation which is a bit hard to understand but I will get there