Download

Switch ue 4.15 to 4.18

Hi everyone!
Is it possible to directly change the version from u.e 4.15 to 4.18?

My project has a plugin to support the database.

Maybe, maybe not. There will most likely be incompatibilities with such a large update.

Make a full backup and try, can’t hurt.

There’s always something! But in general the less C++ custom work (the more BP), the less work to do.
But no one can answer this without first knowing your project. As advised make VERIFIED backups first!
If after 4.18 conversion its just chaos, download earlier versions and try to do the process incrementally…
For the rest of your dev life avoid making too many assumptions, or you may get badly burnt sometime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for reply.
I have backup :)).

When generating files I have this error:

Running D:/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“D:/SwhGame - Copy/Swhgame.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
While compiling D:\SwhGame - Copy\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\SwhgameModuleRules.dll:
ERROR: d:\SwhGame - Copy\Source\Swhgame.Target.cs(7,14) : error CS0101: The namespace ‘<global namespace>’ already contains a definition for ‘SwhgameTarget’
ERROR: d:\SwhGame - Copy\Source\SwhgameEditor.Target.cs(7,14) : error CS0101: The namespace ‘<global namespace>’ already contains a definition for ‘SwhgameEditorTarget’
ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

How to fix it ?

**@franktech i try run project in UE 4.16 , 4.17, and i can not run it… **

Honestly I’ve no idea dude. Have you defined something ‘twice’ elsewhere???
Used a name that now clashes with something similar (seen this in BP before).
<Bumping> But If no one else replies it might be a question to take to Discord…