Switch between spring arm cameras

Hello,
I’d like to create a system where you have a Pawn with a spring arm camera that follows him around. Then you have some blueprint actors that contain trigger volumes, a camera and a spring arm. Once the pawn enters the volume the camera switches to the one inside these other actors. I managed to do the switching but I don’t know how to attach the new spring arm to the pawn once it enters a volume…
Any suggestion?

Thank you!

You could try attaching a component (target is the new springarm) to whatever the old springarm is attached to (parent):

310544-annotation-2020-08-18-125620.jpg

Do tell if it worked.

Neat!

Considering converting your comment into an answer. Camera swapping blueprints are such a sought after commodity that it will surely help more people.

Another way to tackle something similar is not to attach anything but move the existing springarm to a new location / rotation. The volume needs to know the data, ofc.

An arrow component can be used to both set and visualise such data.

The first time I tried that node the rotation was all over the place. I gave it a second try thanks to your suggestion and it worked. So, what I did is:

1. Add a Scene component in the Pawn BP
  2. Attach the next spring arm/camera system to the Pawn Scene component
  3. Keep the rotation to “World” both in the “AttachComponentToComponent” node and Scene component inside the Pawn.

You can find the BP here

I guess this setup is quite versatile. You can have a more cinematic camera view once the player enters certain areas or even a static one like the first Resident Evil.

Thank you again for your help!