Swing Dance Unreal 4.26

My latest project I did in Unreal 4.26. My goal was to see if I could get an animated character with realistic clothing in Unreal.
First I started with a Clo 6.0 clothing template with a nice men’s suit (bought from Artstation). I created a character in Character Creator 3 and exported that to 3ds max. With a few scripts I managed to import Mixamo animation data onto my character which I then exported as an alembic file to Clo. I also created the curtains in Clo.
After a few hours of simulating a cool animated garment was the result. I brought all of this together in Unreal 4.26.
I wanted to make a old theatrical stage of some sorts and the megascans library offered a few handy props to fill up my scene.
The lighting was setup with a lot of volumetric for ambiance, and I added a few particle systems to add smoke with motion.
The whole scene is rendered with the new movie render queue in Unreal, I didn’t use any raytracing. Rendertimes were about 1,5 hour on my very modest GTX1080 at 4k resolution. I used a custom sampling to get the highest quality.
All in all I’m very pleased with the result and I learned a lot yet again.

1 Like

Here are a few screens from Unreal and clo3d, see my artstation for more : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d831rx

Very impressive scene. Thanks for sharing the experience and pipeline!

This is very impressive. Were you able to export the clothing from CLO3D to UE4 and keep their simulation properties?