Swarm fails to kick off

tried everything suggested in documentation with no result. Here is the error I get in swarm log:

[Interface:OpenChannel] Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\Gabe\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.24\Saved\Swarm\SwarmCache\AgentStagingArea\v1.AA51A04B84ED530230B169591053B4C5EE498640.mtrlgz’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at NSwarm.FSwarmInterface.OpenChannel(String ChannelName, EChannelFlags ChannelFlags) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Editor\SwarmInterface\DotNET\SwarmInterface.cs:line 1604

This issue came out of nowhere as I had no such issue while building the game. I did upgrade from 4.23 to 4.24 with verification of both versions. I even removed what might have been null meshes with no result. The game shows no errors in map build. Please help. Is this a problem with my computer?

Is this source or regular?

“because it is being used by another process.”
sounds like there may already be a swarm process running that is conflicting.

maybe try restarting? or check for any running swarm processes and kill them.

Replay: I used blueprint in-game without a visual studio. I checked for multiple swarms running simultaneously. It does not appear that this is happening. I can detect only one swarm running and I restarted on several occasions. is there another way to check for multiple swarms other than the windows task bar?