SVN Fails to connect E170013

Trying to connect to source control from UE4 Editor, I get the following error:

LogSourceControl: Attempting "svn info "H:/Forks/myproject/trunk/" --xml --non-interactive --trust-server-cert --username me --password ********"
LogSourceControl: Attempting "svn status --show-updates --verbose --xml "H:/Forks/myproject/trunk/" --non-interactive --trust-server-cert --username me --password ********"
SourceControl: Error: svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.mydomain.com/repo/myproject/trunk'
SourceControl: Error: svn: E731004: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.  
SourceControl: Error: Failed to connect to source control. Check your settings and connection then try again.

Here are the interesting parts:

1. TortoiseSVN happily connects

2. Debian’s svn connects too (using Windows Subsystem for Linux)

3. For some reason, UE4 does not detect Tortoise’s bin so it uses its ThirdParty svn tool (which is probably the one that bugs)

LogSourceControl: Unable to detect system-level svn binary.
    LogSourceControl: Using path C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.25/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/Win64/svn.exe for svn operations

If I use this third party svn binary from a PowerShell, ‘svn info’ returns a good xml but ‘svn status’ returns the same errors the editor reports. Actually, it outputs a little bit of xml before the error is thrown:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<status>
<target
   path="H:\Forks\myproject\trunk">
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.mydomain.com/repo/myproject/trunk'
svn: E731004: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

Configuration:

SVN server is on Debian10/Apache2/WebDAV and seems to work like a charm. Accessed through IPv6 DNS AAAA entry (I tried with IPv4 address in UE4 but it fails the same), no https.

Client (with UE4 editor) is Windows 10, no firewall (disabled for testings).

Again, svn status, checkout, and commit work perfectly on the client when using Tortoise or Debian’s svn but fails with the provided third party svn.exe (the one in UE_4.25/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn)

I forgot to mention some versions:

Debian’s svn server is Apache Subversion 1.10.4

Tortoise client is 1.14.0

Windows WSL (debian) client is 1.10.4

ThirdParty svn client is 1.9.5

I don’t know how to tell UE4 where to find the system’s svn binaries so I just copied those from Tortoise to UE_4.25/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/ and it works.

I guess it’s a version incompatibility between svn server 1.10.4 and svn client 1.9.5

This seems related to this.

I wonder if I have the same issue, as a Windows 10 machine on the same network can check in and out without problem in Unreal.

So after reading this, I created a symlink from /usr/bin/svn to the Binaries/Thirdparty/svn folder mentioned, but that didn’t unfortunately make a difference for me.

In that folder, there already was a Subversion.tps which doesn’t seem to do much