Survivor Vision - Help players explore your world with augmented sight

It ended a few days ago, but I’ve been afk due to some personal stuff… The sale on Survivor Vision is now over. Thanks to all those who picked up the pack! Look forward to seeing your work with it :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Just an update to let you know that a feature update for Survivor Vision has been uploaded to Gumroad and Itch.io, as well as submitted to Epic Games for processing. This update take the pack to version 1.3 and adds two main functions, both of which have been highly requested lately.

Highlighting ONLY obfuscated edges/items
This addition to the material settings allows developers to use Survivor Vision to highlight items hidden behind other items, without the visible portions being highlighted. As with all other features, this can be don separately on the outline and fill, so you can have a fill that is visible all the time, with an outline that is only visible behind other objects, or any of the combinations you can come up with. Here’s a quick image of some possibilities below:

Using the mouse cursor or line traces to highlight items separately
One use of a system like Survivor Vision that is a little outside it’s original intent is that of in a puzzle game, or something where you use the mouse to interact with object. Survivor Vision now has a native system that allows you to specify it to work with mouseover effects. What’s more, you can now set it up so items can be highlighted by Survivor Vision with one effect, and a different effect when you mouse over them! This also goes for linetraces from the player’s camera, allowing a better interactive prompt similar to that seen in first person shooters and survival games. This should also resolve conflicts between Survivor Vision with other packages as you can now rely on Survivor Vision 100% for your item highlighting needs!

A new video covering these features and how to use them will be uploaded to my YouTube channel in the next few days/week :slight_smile: As always, thanks for your time and support!

Awesome, very welcome updates. :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Just letting you know that the Survivor Vision has been tested under 4.17 and appears to run and act entirely as intended without alteration. As such, I have gone ahead and marked it as 4.17 compatible on the marketplace, allowing the creation of 4.17 projects through the launcher (Gumroad and Itch.io have also had 4.17 downloads uploaded). As always, if you run into any issues running under this version, or any other for that matter, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Cheers.

Please note that Epic still have not processed the submitted update mentioned in the prior post. Epic have stated their current response time is between 1 and 2 weeks, so we should hopefully see the update applied sometime this week/early next week. Thanks for your understanding with this.

Epic have informed me that the update for Survivor Vision including the ability to highlight specific focus items (on mouseover or using linetraces) as well as the ability to do exclusive Xray effects (ie. only highlight parts of an item that are hidden) is now live on the launcher :slight_smile: I will be publishing a video on YouTube in the next day or two covering the update and how to use the new features, but for those who want to mess with it and experiment themselves, it is now available. Thanks for your patience in this matter :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Just letting you know that a short feature overview video, covering the two new features in version 1.3 of Survivor Vision (exclusive xray mode, and dynamic highlighting) was just made public on my YouTube Channel. As always, thanks for the support and be sure to drop me a line via [video]http://support.dapperraptor.xyz[/video] with any issues!

Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in here and leave a message to inform you that the UE4 forums, in their current form, offer a pretty poor platform for the purpose of support. I have been unable to get response notifications and such to be reliable, and the forums themselves are cumbersome and clunky. As such I will be essentially abandoning the forums and instead concentrating on my own support platforms, which are available here:

Email: support@dapperraptor.xyz
Support Portal: http://support.dapperraptor.xyz
Discord Server: Dapper Raptor

All of my products will continue to be updated, and where possible, new features will be added, so please do not take the lack of posts here as a sign that content is dead. I will probably check the forums every few months, but I would strongly recommend utilising one of the above support avenues to contact me for timely and reliable responses. Thanks!