Survivor Vision - Help players explore your world with augmented sight

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop in and say that I currently am without internet due to moving house. I’ve had a friend of mine fire up this system and test it out thoroughly under 4.14 and he has found no errors or issues with it. As such, I’ve updated the pack to be listed as supported for 4.14. If anyone runs into any issues that they feel are due to the version, please be sure to email me at apoisonedgift@gmail.com asap and I’ll try and get them sorted. Working through this stuff without internet is… difficult haha. Thanks!

I would also like to report that the same friend has also tested out Survivor Vision in VR using the HTC Vive and has commented that it works fine, out of the box as is. So for those of you who have been considering this system for VR use, that should be promising to hear :slight_smile:

Just a notice guys - anyone interested in this pack should know that it is currently 30% off as part of Epic’s Holiday Sale! Enjoy!

Survivor Vision v1.2 has been submitted to Epic and should be available sometime in the next few days. Version 1.2 focusses on making the integration process a lot easier, and prepares the kit for some extended functionality that I hope to add in the near future. A new integration tutorial has been recorded and is already available (though, obviously, will not be of much use until the update is available). Thanks, as always, for your support guys.

Survivor Vision has now been updated to version 1.2 by Epic. Any questions or queries, please let me know :slight_smile:

Just notice of two things for people using Survivor Vision.

Firstly, in the integration tutorial I made recently, I forgot one small step. When adding the distortion sphere to your character, as is shown at 3:41 in the tutorial, it is important to also set this component to have no collision. To do this, click on it (in the tutorial we called it SV_Distortion) and, in the collision settings, set the Collision Preset to “No Collision”. It should look like this:

http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SV/Updates/Update001a_February6th2017.png

Secondly, an actual fix to an issue that raises itself in some specific situations… I’ll just let this image do the talking - it’s not super vital, but is definitely something I would recommend implementing.

http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SV/Updates/Update001_February6th2017.png

Finally, just a small note. There is, and this should make sense, going to always be some conflicts with other marketplace assets that use custom render depths. This means that kits like the Action RPG Inventory System, which uses custom render depths to highlight the item being looked at, will require more work than others to get working as intended with Survivor Vision. If you have noticed issues with any packs, I encourage you to let me know as I am working to increase the packs compatibility. To this end, a feature to highlight items that are currently being looked at will be implemented in the very near future, to allow the system to be utilised better with packs such as the mentioned inventory system (replacing the system used in that inventory, allowing for a lot more diverse effects to be implemented). If you are aware of other packs that have issues, please let me know as I would love to ensure Survivor Vision is as versatile as possible. Thanks for the support guys!

Hey apoisonedgift. This, actually, was precisely the question I was going to be asking in this thread sometime soon so good to know it’s on the way. :slight_smile: Also glad that you’ve made integration into other projects much easier, that’s most welcome.

I realise I haven’t posted in this thread before so just wanted to say I’ve been really impressed with this pack, so much so that I can barely imagine a project where it wouldn’t be useful in some way or another. I would recommend it.

Thanks for the kind words and the rating (I assume that was you haha)! Glad you have found the system useful, and the updates have been meaningful.

The update to include highlighting focusable items should be a nice addition to the system :slight_smile: I have a few ideas up my sleeve to make it a little more versatile as well so looking forward to seeing reactions to that!

Yeah that last rating was me - I like to work with marketplace products a while before leaving a rating and just realised yesterday that I hadn’t rated this! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the update.

FYI, a newly bought and newly created project (4.14.3) runs but doesn’t show any vision effects (except the distortion sensing sphere).

Project settings seem to be ok, it seemed to be finished compiling textures… will investigate further.

Hey there. The effects won’t show up until after the materials have finished compiling. UE doesn’t really let you use materials that are uncompiled.

The first time you open a project it can take some time to compile, particularly if you are working on a Mac (as the metal system seems a bit slower, and the survivor vision material is quite complex) but once it compiles it definitely works (just tested the 4.14 build again myself as well as got two friends to test it). Let me know if you have any issues after the compile was finished and we can try and work out what it might be :slight_smile:

Survivor Vision has just been marked as compatible with Unreal Engine 4.15 as no changes are necessary to be made for the 4.14 build in order make it work under 4.15. I will be submitting a separate 4.15 build to Epic in the next week or so taking advantage of some of the new features (such as material re-route nodes to make the materials far easier to read) but anyone wishing to work with the system in 4.15 can happily go ahead and start using it now. Thanks for the continued support guys.

On the subject of 4.15, so you have any plans to use Gameplay tags rather than actor tags? They look like they would be perfect with this system and prevent missing effects due to typos (like I seem to remember happening in one of your tutorial videos :slight_smile: ), but with the downside that it would break backward compatibility and be unusable with 4.14 or earlier projects.

I’ll be entirely honest and admit I haven’t had a chance to actually look at the upgrades included in 4.15, but I will take a look into them and get back to you :slight_smile: Cheers.

Just a little notice to let you guys know that Survivor Vision is now on sale for 30% off until February the 28th! Enjoy!

Hey guys. So I’m considering releasing a bundle with several of my products together and would love to get some feedback from anyone who has my products, or has considered them. If you have a couple of minutes, I’d really appreciate heading over to the survey linked below and filling it out :slight_smile: There is a question asking if you would like to share your email address with me for future release information, however it is 100% optional. No personal information is provided to me from your results, unless you yourself write it in there, but I did set it to require a login to a google account to discourage people trying to submit answers multiple times :slight_smile: Anyways, for those that do take the time to fill this out it is very much appreciated!

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/RlYsrnuHchKnflAA3](https://goo.gl/forms/RlYsrnuHchKnflAA3)

Just a notice for anyone who’s been keeping an eye on Survivor Vision - the pack is currently on sale until April 30th! You can save 40% by purchasing Survivor Vision during this week! :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Survivor Vision has been tested under UE4 4.16 which has just released and appears to all be in working order without any changes necessary. As such I have gone ahead and marked the pack as compatible meaning you can now download it as a 4.16 project in the launcher. If you run into any issues with this pack running under 4.16, please let me know and I will be sure to investigate! Cheers.

I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that I’ve uploaded ALL of my products to Gumroad as well as Itch.io.

Why have I done this?

A number of customers have expressed that they wanted to be able to support me more than just purchasing my content on the marketplace. I do have a patreon, but that is currently undergoing a bit of a redesign and changing up all the perks and such, and I don’t really like pushing that on people because it feels weird haha. However, sites like Gumroad and Itch.io allow me alternative marketplaces to sell my work where I keep a slightly higher percentage of the sale (as Epic take 30%). As such, for those who are looking for a way to support me a bit more, I will be pointing them to these outlets for purchasing my work, as it makes no difference to the user’s wallet, but does result in a little more for me to keep. I have no desire to force people onto these alternate marketplaces, and I will continue to release my content via the UE4 marketplace, this simple offers a few difference choices for end users to pick from.

What is different when buying on the other marketplaces?

There are a few differences… Most noticeably, the content you purchase of mine will not appear in the launcher if you go via these marketplaces. Instead you will have ongoing access to a download repository of all versions of the product you purchase that are available. Content will actually be updated more quickly on these alternative marketplaces due to Epic’s update procedure (hopefully this will be changing in the future but currently, we have to work with what Epic have). Aside from this, you will receive the same example projects and such as available on the marketplace. In my opinion, as it stands, the UE4 marketplace is an inferior platform to both Gumroad and Itch.io for both sellers and customers, but the UE4 marketplace is far more convenient. So either choice is fine, pick whichever you are most comfortable with!

I’ve given links below to my content on both sites, as well as updated the OPs of all my products with links to these sites. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away, either here, via my dedicated support portal, or join my support discord! Thanks for the continued support guys and I look forward to sharing future work with you soon!

Dapper Raptor Development on Itch.io

Dapper Raptor Development on Gumroad

As of today, Survivor Vision is on sale for 40% off (making the current price $14.99) on the UE4 Marketplace, Gumroad and itch.io!

Both the UE4 Marketplace and Itch.io are automatically applied. If you want to purchase it via gumroad, please use the discount code june2017 or purchase via this link: gum.co/ue4sv/june2017

Sale will run until the end of the month! Enjoy!

Just a reminder that there is only another 2 days to grab Survivor Vision at 40% off for this sale :slight_smile: