Surveying Quality

Hi guys! I just downloaded the software and I am running my first job right now. Thus far I am very impressed with the interface. I notice that it is very focused on oblique imagery, but looks to have the elements to process nadir photography from a drone. I am totally premature here in asking these questions as I haven’t been through everything, but I’m eager to know the following:

1. Do you provide some sort of quality report, where a user can add checkpoints and measure error?
  2. Can the software generate full orthographic images (geotiff) or google earth tiles?

I’ve been testing LOTS of photogramettry software, from Pix4D, Agisoft, Bentley, SimActive and none of them completely hit the mark, but Pix4D seems to be the best. We process around 5000, 25mpix images a week and 90% of jobs require ground control. Two desktop workstations run Pix4D 24 hours a day and speed has become a bottleneck for our operations. We are getting ready to test Agisoft’s linux edition on a server with 50+ cores.

I’m looking forward to exploring your software this week.

Hi Doug

1. Do you provide some sort of quality report, where a user can add checkpoints and measure error?

Yes, there are multiple ways to check the project’s details…

1. Can the software generate full orthographic images (geotiff) or google earth tiles?

Yes, it can create ORTHOGRAPHIC images and you can select a precise projection system from the EPSG list…

Thanks Wishgranter! I look forward to running some projects and seeing how the workflow fits my UAS land surveying business.