Surface pro 4 for game dev

I just got rid of my alienware M17xR3 because it was too heavy.
I have a desktop computer as my main workstation, now I’m planning to get something more portable as my travel development pc and I was thinking about the surface pro 4 with the i5 processor and 8GB of RAM.
I’ve considered some light gaming laptops but my preference goes to the surface pro 4, mostly because of the versatility and the pen, which will allow me to take notes and work in zbrush while on the go.

I would mostly use it as an addition to my desktop pc while at home, like testing multiplayer, note taking etc, and for full development when I’m traveling.

I’d like to know what do you guys think about this, is the surface pro 4 gonna be able to run UE4? Has anyone tried it?

That will not run UE4 well at all, it’s only using an Intel GPU and it’s just not powerful. Another issue is the screen resolution which is higher than 1080p which means that you’d be running the editor at a resolution higher than you would typically run it which will further decrease performance.

If you’re looking for something more portable, the Razer Blade is pretty light and has a GTX 1060 which is very good.

I use surface pro 3 for small work like blueprint and do some 2d graphic. It is fine!

If you want work on bigger like playtest, umap or maternal, save it for desktop.

[edit]
Zbrush also working well with my pen and finger touch. I do lot of low polygon modelling on it too. Save it for Higher polygon on desktop. Heh

Zbrush does not depend much on the GPU