[SUPPORT] "Recent Blueprints" Menu

Support Thread for Recent Blueprints Menu

Feel free to ask any question or report any issue in this thread

Release Thread over here
Documentation available here

Description:

Tired of having to minimize or close the Blueprint editor every time you want to find one of the BPs you frequently use?

Feel like you’re constantly searching and reopening the same Blueprints over and over?

At The Tool Shed, we feel your pain!

So we’ve released this plugin to add what should have been a built in feature of the editor: a “Recent Blueprints” menu to the Blueprint editor.

menu

No bull, no nonsense, just a simple, one click access to those blueprints you keep opening… then closing… then reopening… We know what it’s like!

We’re for simple, efficient tools and believe that saving you a tiny amount of time, every single time you do something, adds up to quite a big amount of time!

If you enjoy, feel free to check out The Tool Shed’s other time-saving tools here: The Tool Shed Content

Features:

• Adds a “Recent Blueprints” menu to the Blueprint Editor
  • The menu keeps a list of all recently opened Blueprints
  • And offers a quick access to those

Additional Notes:

• The menu only tracks Asset Blueprints, not Level Blueprints

This is now live!
Enjoy!!

I’m on UE5.0, and when I mouse over the recent blueprints item in the file menu I get this crash.

`Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000931b6a60000

VCRUNTIME140
UnrealEditor_RecentBlueprintMenu!FRecentBlueprintMenuUtils::PurgeList() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\RecentBlueprintMenu\Source\RecentBlueprintMenu\Private\RecentBlueprintMenuUtils.cpp:57]
UnrealEditor_RecentBlueprintMenu!FRecentBlueprintMenuModule::OnBuildRecentSubMenu() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\RecentBlueprintMenu\Source\RecentBlueprintMenu\Private\RecentBlueprintMenu.cpp:64]
UnrealEditor_RecentBlueprintMenu!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FRecentBlueprintMenuModule,void __cdecl(FMenuBuilder &),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Execute() [D:\RocketSync\5.0.0-19505902+++UE5+Release-5.0\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:453]`

Heya!
Thanks for reporting this, we will look into it asap.
Just as a guess it might look like it’s trying ti “clean up” the list which usually happens when one of the BP in the list cannot be found on disk.
Was one of the item deleted?
You can try a few things until we get a fix out:

• make sure you save BPs that you create before opening the menu. (like if you do 'create new blueprint" but not save it, this might happen)
  • otherwise have a look in you PerUserEditorSettings.ini in your project folder /saved/config folder. Towards the end of it there should be a RecentBlueprintMenu section. Delete the whole section.

If you do get the crash again could you please get your latest editor log from project/saved/logs and post it here, that’d be really helpful

We’ll try to get a fix out asap.
Thanks again
Cheers

I have uploaded the log from my last crash here https://gist.github.com/ZornTaov/7625bfa787f098266f6ab0a54968bb7a and I can confirm that removing the “missing file” entries from saved/config/windowseditor/editorperprojectusersettings.ini fixed the crash. It’d be a good idea to add a sanity check and make sure the file exists before adding it to the recent menu, otherwise remove that entry from the list.

As an aside, it’d be great if this functionality was extended to other asset types. I’m using the Logic Driver Lite plugin to add state machines to my game, and they don’t appear in your recent list because they’re not “blueprints” per-se.

Thanks for that!
It’s exactly what’s happening, the plugin checks for all entries if the file exists, and if it doesn’t it removes it.
there must be something else going on that’s making it fail to recognize the file doesn’t exist.
Will have a check and submit a fix asap

The recent menu is only for the Blueprint Editor, and it can only recognize actual Blueprints because of that. It would unfortunately be up to the maker of Logic Driver Lite to support something like this

Cheers!

Just submitted a fix for this.
Should show up in the marketplace in a few hours/days

Me again! (I can’t edit my previous post) - It’s working now, could’ve been a million things, excellent plugin though, it’s fantastic! Thank you

1 Like

I installed your plugin, and I’m not seeing the Recent Blueprints option in my File menu. Uninstalled and reinstalled, going to continue troubleshooting, but wanted to give you a heads up. I have a few other plugins installed, it’s very likely there’s some sort of conflict.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know, are you seeing any error message in the Output log?
Could you double check the plugin is enabled in the Plugin window?
Thanks!

I have the same issue in the 4.27 version, there is no error in the output log and it’s enabled in the plugins window, any idea on the cause?

Hi there, we’ve been trying to track down this random weird issue for a while but with no luck.
If you are able to could you link your .log file right after you open the editor first time and open a bp window? This might help a lot with finding out what’s wrong
Other things to check in the meantime:

• Check your .uproject file contains an entry for RecentBlueprints and that it’s set to true
  • Do you have any other plugin (maybe from marketplace) that does something similar? There could be a conflict there, try to turn that one off and see if that changes it. if you are please let us know the name of that plugin

Thanks a lot

I use TabRestore, it does something similar but not exactly, I’ll try to disable it later and I’ll let you know!

1 Like